Initiative - of the Association
Vision - for the Future
Productivity - of the Industry
Achievement - of its Members
IVPA is an industry specific association comprising of manufacturers in India of Vanaspati, Refined Oils and other Vegetable Oils including hydrogenated products.
About the Association
The association was established in 1977 and incorporated as a Section 25, Company under the Companies Act, 1956 on 9th of March, 1979 with its registered office at New Delhi. The affairs of the association are managed by the Executive Committee which comprises of elected representatives of members from the various States. IVPA has an elected President and Vice President from amongst its members apart from Secretary General to represent the association before all agencies, government or otherwise.
IVPA constantly endeavours to promote, protect and safeguard the interests of the domestic industry and enables its members to seek out new initiatives and frontiers to take better informed decisions to promote its future growth and development.
The membership of the association comprises of subscribing members. The Executive Committee of the association is authorized to admit as a member any person, firm or company which is engaged in the business of manufacturing vanaspati, other hydrogenated products and refined oils in India.
IVPA Knowledge Net-work
The association is a member of the leading chambers of commerce and industry in India. It also maintains business and professional relations with the Malaysian Palm Oil Council, the American Soyabean Oil Association, The Solvent Extractors’ Association of India (SEA), The Oil Technologists' Association of India (OTAI) and The Central Organisation for Oil Industry & Trade (COOIT).
IVPA maintains a data bank on oilseeds, edible oils and vanaspati production both for the country and the world. It is also equipped with the latest prices prevailing in the national and international markets for rendering suitable advisory services to its members.
In brief, it maintains all the current and historical information pertaining to government policies notifications and other allied matters for ready reference.
Some of the Advantages of Membership
- First and foremost a member can play a role in moulding the future of the industry and in influencing the changes in government policies.
- He can access the latest & timely information on key issues which will help in making the business more effective and profitable.
- He can access the data bank resources and also bench mark his factory’s performance against that of other factories by accessing the factory-wise actual monthly production of vanaspati (bulk & small), bakery shortening, margarine and refined oil
- He can receive information on important national and international seminar/conferences.
- He can get regular feedback on the industry’s problems and government’s response.
- He can interact and benefit from the experience of other members with long experience in the edible oils & fats industry.
- He will have the privilege to attend the annual session of the association and get the feedback on the industry’s problems and the government’s response to the same. A copy of the Annual Report which is the only comprehensive docket containing operational and statistical data of the industry will be reserved exclusively for the members.
- He is entitled to have a free copy of the annual souvenir, when published. It contains articles written by eminent persons in the field of oils & fats and gives a rare insight into the operations of the industry for leveraging his own performance to greater heights.
- He will be apprised of the latest government notifications and orders concerning operations of the vanaspati industry. He can seek clarification on any aspect of the order for effective implementation.
The above list is only illustrative and not exhaustive of the multifarious advantages which will accrue to the member of the association.
Power of Information
The most essential requirement for running edible oils and vanaspati business successfully, is to be well up with the latest and precise information. The IVPA makes it a point to keep its members abreast with the day to day and latest developments & policy changes in the edible oils and fats sector through fax, telephone, e-mail and post. Quick and timely decisions based on authentic information are the keynote for success in this industry.